Wise Chat is a leading chat plugin that helps to build a social network and to increase user engagement on your website by providing the possibility to exchange real time messages in chat rooms. The plugin is easily installable and extremely configurable. Its features list is growing all the time. The plugin is supported by its authors.
Check Wise Chat PRO: Private one-to-one chats, Private messages to offline users, Avatars, Facebook-like sidebar mode, 3 Pro themes, Custom emoticons, E-mail notifications to admin, Pending messages, Multisite support, BuddyPress integration (friends and groups), Facebook/Twitter/G+ login, Users list search option, Edit posted messages and more! Buy once, use forever!
List of features:
- Easy installation: The chat can be installed using a convenient shortcode, widget or PHP function. Multiple chat installations can be embedded on the same page.
- Mobile ready: Fully responsive design and mobile ready interface.
- Themes: Use one of 3 nice themes to quickly adjust the style of the chat. The simple theme adjusts to your styles.
- No external server required: There is no need to set up, maintain or pay for a server. Regular hosting is sufficient.
- Unlimited Chat Channels: Let people post messages in dedicated chat rooms (called channels). Run multiple channels either simultaneously on the same page or on separate pages.
- Private Chat Channels: Make individual chat channels private by protecting them with a password. Only users that know the password could access the channel.
- Channels management: Remove all messages from the single channel or delete the channel completely.
- Anonymous Users: Unregistered or anonymous users can be allowed to participate in the chat. Auto-generated name (configurable) is assigned to such user.
- Anonymous Users with custom name: Let users to choose their name when they visit the chat for the first time.
- Registered Users: Registered and logged-in users are properly recognized by the plugin.
- Single sign-on: No separate login to the chat is required. If an user is logged-in to your website, then the chat automatically logs her / him in.
- Read-only mode: Make the chat read-only for anonymous users. Encourage your users to register in order to post messages.
- Users limit in channels: Limit the amount of users allowed to participate in a channel.
- Channels limit for an user: Limit the amount of channels that an user can participate simultaneously.
- User settings: Chat users have options to change their name, color of their messages or mute sounds generated by the chat.
- Restrict access: Option to permit access for registered and logged-in users only.
- Flood Control: Detect spammers and block them from posting messages in the chat.
- Posting links and images: Option to allow clickable links and images. Posted images are downloaded into Media Library.
- Pictures from camera: On mobile devices users can take a picture directly and post it with a message.
- YouTube movies: Display links to YouTube movies as a video player with adjustable width and height.
- File attachments: Attach files directly to the messages using convenient uploader.
- Multiline messages: Let your users post long messages in multiple lines. Keyboard shortcut Shift+Enter can be used to send such messages.
- Notifications: Notifications signalizing new messages, new users, absent users or mentioned users. It can be a sound or a counter in browser’s title.
- 24 sounds: Use any of 24 ready-to-use sounds dedicated for notifications.
- Messages auto cleanup: Auto cleanup messages older than defined amount of time.
- Localization: Provide a translation for your language. All texts are translatable.
- Appearance adjustments: Adjust visual appearance to match your website by editing colors, font sizing, showing / hiding interface elements, changing sort order of messages and positioning chat elements. All this can be done using settings page.
- Chat Moderation: Protect your chat by enabling swearing control using built-in bad words filter. It supports English and Polish languages.
- Chat Channel Statistics Shortcode: Display basic statistics of a channel using the shortcode.
- Messages filtering: Create rules that detect and replace specific words / patterns in posted messages. It is good for cutting links for example.
- Messages history: All recently published messages are available in input field for resending.
- Chat Opening Hours / Days: Define days and range of hours when the chat is open for users.
- Spam Reporting: Chat participants can report spam messages.
- Bans: Administrator can ban (IP based) users who do not follow rules of the chat.
- Kicks: Administrator can kick (IP based) users who do not follow rules of the chat.
- Automatic bans: An option that automatically blocks an user if he / she exceeds the defined number of bad words.
- Moderation: Administrators (or other specified user roles) can delete single messages or ban users that violate chat rules.
- Emoticons: See nice smiles in messages by enabling emoticons support. Emoticons can be inserted either using shortcuts or the list.
- Custom CSS: Custom CSS styles can be applied for each element of the chat.
- Channels statistics: Observe various statistics of channels, including amount of posted messages or users online.
- Detailed configuration page: All features can be configured on the settings page (see the screenshots). You can control messages posting, appearance, channels statistics, filters, bans and localization.
- Twitter hash tags: Detecting Twitter hash tags and converting them into links.
- List of current users: Show the list of online users and their national flag / country / city of origin in the sidebar of the chat. Display amount of online users.
- Backups: Backup all messages from given channel by downloading them as a single CSV file.
All settings are available on
Settings -> Wise Chat Settings page.
List of PRO features:
- Private one-to-one messages: Let your users talk to each other in private conversations. Each user has also an option to ignore messages from unwanted users.
- Private messages to offline users: Send private messages to offline users.
- Facebook-like mode: Display the chat attached to the right side of the browser.
- Avatars: Display avatars both in the chat window and in the users list.
- BuddyPress integration: Integrate Wise Chat Pro with BuddyPress friends and groups. Give moderator rights to delete messages or ban users.
- Custom emoticons: Compose your own set of emoticons.
- Facebook / Twitter / Google+ authentication: Increase range of potential users by allowing them to log in using their accounts on social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter or Google+
- Multisite support: Wise Chat Pro supports WordPress multisite environment.
- E-mail notifications: Configure notifications sent to admin or chat participants.
- Pro themes: Use one of 3 extra modern looking Pro themes.
- Hooks: Add your own code to the main points of the chat’s logic.
- Pending messages: Set up full moderation which allows to publish approved messages only.
- Users list search option: Search users list.
- Edit posted messages: Modify posted messages in the chat window.
- One-time payment: Pay once and use it forever.
- 6 / 12 / 18 – month upgrade: Update your Wise Chat Pro to the new version for free during 6 / 12 / 18 – month period after the purchase.
Check Wise Chat Pro ! Move customer engagement to the higher level!
See screenshots for detailed features.